Assoc. Prof. Chuthamanee Suthisisang, Dean, Assoc. Prof. Usa Chaikledkaew, Deputy Dean for International Relations, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, and faculty members and students officially attended 'The Eighth Indochina Conference on Pharmaceutical Sciences (PHARMA INDOCHINA VIII): ASEAN PHARMACY – INTEGRATION FOR DEVELOPMENT' during December 4-5, 2013 at Lotte Legend Hotel Saigon, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, which was organized by The University of Medicine and Pharmacy at Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, in associated with Hanoi University of Pharmacy, Vietnam, Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University, Thailand, and Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia, Malysia.
About 50 MUPY faculty members, undergraduate and graduate students officially joined this internationally academic conference. In this occasion, Assoc. Prof. Chuthamanee Suthisisang was honorlly invited to give a lecture the topic of 'Pharmacotherapy of fibromyalgia: current evidence and how to manage a complex syndrome', and MUPY faculty members had a great chance to perform both oral and poster presentations. For instance, Assoc. Prof. Usa Chaikledkaew presented the topic of 'A cost-utility and budget impact analysis of drug treatments in pulmonary arterial hypertension associated with congenital heart diseases', Prof. Leena Suntornsuk presented the topic of 'Future trends of capillary electrophoresis in drug analysis', Assoc. Prof. Arthorn Riewpaiboon presented the topic of 'Effect of costing methods on unit cost of hospital medical services; a case of capital cost', Assoc. Prof. Satit Puttipipatkhachorn presented the topic of 'Investigation on the processing parameters used to prepare dihydroartemisinin nanocrystals', and Dr. Jiraphun Jittikoon presented the topic of 'In vitro cytotoxicity of novel Cc-CATH3 analogues against human cancer cell lines' as well.
Besides, MUPY undergraduate and graduate students had a great opportunity to present their oral and poster presentations. In this occasion, MUPY lecturer and students won the 'Best Poster Presentation Awards' as follows:
1. Assoc. Prof. Usa Chaikledkaew, Department of Pharmacy, won 'Best Poster Presentation Awards' in the field of Social & Administrative Pharmacy.
2. Ms. Sermsiri Sangroongruangsri, Ph.D. student in Social, Economic and Administrative Pharmacy, won 'Best Poster Presentation Awards' in the field of Clinical Pharmacy, advised by Assoc. Prof. Usa Chaikledkaew.
3. Ms. Thanyarat Seatsathit and Ms. Jangira Tongmai, 5th-year undergraduate student, won 'Best Poster Presentation Awards' in the field of Biopharma Science & Pharma Biotechnology, advised by Assoc. Prof. Weena Jiratchariyakul.
4. Ms. Norrakamol Sookcharoen, MS student in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Phytochemistry, won 'Best Poster Presentation Awards' in the field of Analytical Chemistry and Drug Quality Control, advised by Assoc. Prof. Noppamas Soonthornchareonnon.
5. Ms. Jutarat Wattanaku MS student in Pharmaceutical Chemistry and Phytochemistry, won 'Best Poster Presentation Awards' in the field of Natural Products, advised by Dr. Natthinee Anantachoke.
Moreover, MUPY faculty members and students performed Thai traditional and cultural performances which were very impressive to all delegated and guests at farewell dinner.
Additionally, all distinguished deans agreed to newly revise the conference name as 'ASEAN Pharmacy Conference in 2015' which will be formally hosted by Faculty of Pharmacy, Mahidol University to globally promote and encourage pharmacy education and research studies, and to strengthen ASEAN pharmacy network.