The program, which is from January 23 to March 5, is a cooperation between the Office of H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn’s Projects, the Royal Household Bureau; Thailand International Development Cooperation Agency, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; and Mahidol University.
It was initiated by H.R.H. Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn in 2000 with an aim to assist Lao medical personnel to improve their knowledge and skills on health promotion, disease prevention, medical treatment and administration, and to provide opportunities for their exchange and cooperation with Thai counterparts in order to improve medical care, public health and the quality of life for the peoples of the two nations.
This year Mahidol University provides specialized courses for the participants as follows:
• Anesthesiology, Pediatrics and Nursing courses; Faculty of Medicine Ramathibodi Hospital
• Laboratory Medicine Course, Faculty of Medical Technology
• Dentistry Course, Faculty of Dentistry
• Tropical Diseases Course, Faculty of Tropical Medicine
• Pharmacy Course, Faculty of Pharmacy
• Public Health Course, Faculty of Public Health
The participants will also receive training from the Faculty of Public Health through Continuous and Sustainable Working Improvement Program (CSWI) and take study tours to hospitals under the Ministry of Public Health and visit Provincial Public Health offices.
Date : January 24, 2011